Admission to the sunrise show of the Green Mountain Falls Skyspace.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
1. Be prepared to arrive at the Skyspace by the time of your showing (the time marked on your reservation). To do that, plan on arriving between 30 and 60 minutes before your scheduled reservation to provide time to hike up to the Skyspace. The hike should take between 15-30 minutes, depending on your speed. The hike to and from the Skyspace is self-guided. Take a look at our campus map to find preferred trailheads and parking lots for our showing.
Red Butte Recreational Area WEST: Joyland/Pittman Trailhead: 10605 Ute Pass Ave. Green Mountain Falls, CO 80819
Red Butte Recreational Area EAST: Lower Turrell Trailhead: 10392 El Paso Ave. Green Mountain Falls, CO 80819
2. The trails are considered a moderate to advanced hike, based on the elevation gain and the already high altitude of Green Mountain Falls (7,800 Feet). Trails are marked thoroughly.
3. We recommend wearing appropriate hiking shoes and to be prepared for inclement weather by bringing appropriate rain gear. If you are attending a sunrise or sunset show, please note that it will be dark when you arrive for the sunrise show and dark when you leave following the sunset show. Even though part of our trail system is lit, please bring a flashlight or headlamp. We have flashlights available if you forget yours.
4. Stay Hydrated! Bring water. We also have water bottle refill stations available (at the Green Box Workshop, Church in the Wildwood, and at the Town Overlook). Feel free to bring your own cushion to sit more comfortably during your showing.
5. For individuals who need support in accessing Skyspace, an ATV is available, but must be scheduled at least 48 hours before your scheduled visit when you register for showings. For those who have secured ATV transport, the ATV will pick you up at the Red Butte Recreational Area EAST Trailhead 30 minutes before the show’s scheduled start time. The ATV will be on its way if it is not there when you arrive. Please email [email protected] for more information.
6. Suggested routes depending on show times:
- Closed Roof/Mid-Day Shows: Park in the Red Butte Recreational Area WEST parking lot. You can descend the same way you came, or walk down to the EAST trailhead, and walk through town to get back to your vehicle.
- Sunset showings: Park in the Red Butte Recreational Area EAST parking lot or on street parking throughout the center of Green Mountain Falls. You can then either walk through town to the WEST trailhead and, following the show, hike down to the EAST trailhead right back to your vehicle or hike up and down the EAST trailhead.
- Sunrise showings: Park in the Red Butte Recreational Area EAST parking lot. We welcome guests to hike back down the way you come up; or, hike down to the WEST trailhead and then walk back through town to your vehicle.
7. In case of bad/inclement weather, participants should expect an email and/or text message notification and signs posted at the trailhead.
8. The Green Mountain Falls Skyspace has the authority to cancel a showing due to inclement weather and safety purposes. Reservations may be rescheduled by contacting the Green Box Arts office by phone or email. Depending upon the weather, shows may need to change from an open roof show to a closed roof show upon arrival.
In the event that the weather does not allow for the show to take place, you will be notified and given options to change to another showing, subject to availability.
For detailed information, visit our website.